how can i make a playlist and watch multiple videos.This option was there in vlc.
Thank you for the feedback. Playlists are one of the things I'm working on.
There is a big update coming (v3) and I'll add playlists there.
Some of the nice things coming are:
- The app will now run on Xbox
- Added support for local libraries & media servers (like jellyfin)
I have Videotape on Xbox one X but can't run it... Do I need to have a Jellyfin account to do that ? I tried the connection to Jellyfin with my IP address and password but that didn't work.
I'd like to use Videotape only to watch movies from an USB key not from a media server.
The support to play movies from a USB is not yet here, but it's coming for sure, I can't give you an ETA on that but it's a priority.
About the jellyfin connection, it should work, did you also write the port number in the server address? Also, if it's not in the root path (in case you have a reverse proxy) you might need to add the path as well...
Ee: My jellyfin server url is 192.168.1.230:32770 but jellyfin's demo server url is: https://demo.jellyfin.org/stable
Right now I'm focusing in the desktop version and I haven't updated the xbox one in the last days, but I'll release an update soon.
Thanks for your answer. I tried with my IP (192.168...) but that didn't work. I'll wait for the USB version then.
Just so you know, you cannot really "connect" Jellyfin. Its more like an extension that runs on a local server/nas (Think Netflix but on a server in your home with your media content) just like emby or plex. You build a server (or use an old pc), install a media server OS like FreeNAS, (Windows can technically work, but there are caveats) and then load you content (BluRay Rips, Downloaded Movies etc) and watch it on any device you own.
I have a Jellyfin server running at my home with automated downloads of all the movies and shows I want. So I am really looking forward to the V3 update. If you consume a lot of media like I do, it might be worth it looking into it.
I've just submitted to certification an update for the xbox version with support to play from USB.
It's version 3.2024.2350.0.
It might take up to 3 business days to be available for download, the store is slow these days...
I really love the app. There isn't good video apps for Windows 10. The only reason I use VLC over videotape is because of VLC's library feature. Its a hassle to navigate it though.
- Local Library with feature to form own collections or favourites (of folders and files). VideoTape should open into user's local library on startup or make it an optional feature.
- Arrow keys to skip through the video.. the skip interval to be adjustable in the settings. Now its predetermined 30 seconds.
- Be able to turn the rewind-play-forward hud off
- Hate to be comparing this to VLC but they have this neat feature where you can increase the volume beyond 100% all the way to 200%. Its useful sometimes when some files are being just too quiet.